Children’s Dharma School
The Ekoji Buddhist Temple Children’s Dharma School welcomes students from ages 4-18. We strive to teach our students the basic teachings of Jodo Shinshu Buddhism, with the hope that when our students leave our temple for the world beyond, they will be able to articulate in their own words what Buddhism is and what it means to them.
Classes begin in September and break for the summer in early June.
Activities and Events
- Weekly Family Service – Services are led by our Dharma School Intermediate students; parents and children of all ages are welcome to attend.
- Weekly Dharma School Classes – Divided into Pre-K/K, Elementary, Intermediate, and Advanced levels.
- Monthly Temple Cleanup – Intended to instill in our students a sense of ownership and belonging to the temple.
- Family Night Gatherings – Saturday night gatherings held every other month, includes short service, potluck dinner, and preparation for our April play presentation.
- Dana – Community service projects once a semester.
- Play Presentation – A performance during Ekoji’s annual Hanamatsuri celebration in April, celebrating the historical Buddha’s birthday.
For more information, contact: ekojidharmaschool (at) gmail (dot) com.